Churches near Spirit of the Woods Trail

The Prim’Alpe Visitor’s Centre is the starting point for this interesting trail near Canzo. The hike is easy, even for young aged children. During your trek you will meet elves, gnomes, the drunken donkey and other many…

Miro Canzo was a 14th century hermit and pilgrim, belonging, according to some scholars, the Franciscan Third Order, venerated as a saint of the Catholic Church in the Larian region. In 1660, the oratory of San Miro came into existence along the Val Ravella, a place of hermitage of Miro. The area internally…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built in the space of ten years from 1766-1776. Characterized by a bright interior with elegant harmonious architecture. The walls are like arabesque allegories and symbols of the Passion (spears, lanterns, nails ...). The four corners of the dome, feature the painted figures of the prophets Ezekiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Baruch.

Photo: triangololariano.it

Dedicated to St. John the Baptist built between 1641 and 1675 while the facade was only completed in 1962. The ornate decoration of the interior is in a Baroque style, with a monumental wooden altar consisting of life-sized saints and angels richly decorated in black and gold. Also worthy of note is a niche…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Outside of Lasnigo is the Romanesque church of Sant’Alessandro which lies on a slope boulevard flanked by an eighteenth-century chapels of the Cross. In ancient times the original church was built on a lower plateau. Then the bell tower was moved to a higher position, so that it…

Photo: Enrico Colzani

Originally a medieval church (XI century) but many additions and changes have taken place over the centuries. For several years it served as the parish church of Sormano, Caglio and Rezzago. The building, located at a higher level than the street, has a porch preceding…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Romanesque in origin, but built on the foundations of a medieval church as demonstrated by archaeological excavations. Another testimony to its antiquity is the dedication to Saints Cosmas and Damian, doctors who were…

The Romanesque church of St. Euphemia of Incino d'Erba is one of the oldest churches in the Larian Triangle, the province of Como and the Archdiocese of Milan.…

Photo: Santa Maria degli Angeli

Also known as St. Anthony, as there is a preserved relic of the saint that is exposed to the congregation of the faithful every 17 January. The church was an integral part of the Franciscan convent of Santa Maria degli Angeli, founded in Crevenna at the end of the fifteenth century (around 1495), on the…

Photo: Eremo San Salvatore

Nestled in the woods of the Natural Reserve of Valle Bova, the hermitage is available to accommodate individuals, couples, priests, lay people, religious, who want to enjoy moments of silence…

Near the top of the Ghisallo pass stands the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Ghisallo. Its name, according to the legend, comes from a certain "Ghisallo" who, in the Middle Ages, near…

Photo: Comune di Albavilla

Built towards the end of 1300 to replace an existing chapel. The church, a single nave, built of local stone and brick, houses the remains of votive frescoes of…

These are considered as one of the greatest Romanesque architectural monuments in Europe and are part of a single Benedictine settlement. Important note: the Church can be reached only on foot walking for about 1 hour through a mountain path (300 m difference in height). The first documents are from the…

Considered one of the most important Lombard Romanesque monument of its kind. Inside it holds frescoes of the 15th and 16th centuries. The building has an octagonal plan and a semicircular apse dating back to the 11th…

Photo: parrocchiavalmadrera.it

The construction of the church began in 1791 and ended in 1823 requiring the works of several architects: Clemente Isacchi,  Giuseppe Pollack, Giuseppe Bovara and Simone Cantoni. The church hosts a crucifixion of 1879 by…

The Chapel of the dead to Crocetta is the oldest and most impressive votive chapel in Malgrate. With baroque architecture, it dates back to the sixteenth century and houses bones, probably of the dead from the plague…

This parish church can be reached through an uphill street passing by the Baroque chapel of the Crocetta. The 19th century front is very elegant and shows a typical Greek design by the architect Bovara. Inside it…

The Stone of Preguda, a rock composed of granite ghiandone, is incorporated in the Church of Sant’ Isidoro. The Stone of Preguda, on the slopes of Moregallo, is a…

The current building was built on the site previously occupied by an older church: its construction began in 1593 and lasted until the next century (1617), when it became an independent parish. In the eighteenth century underwent a partial reconstruction that…

Photo: K.Weise

Built in 1576 by St Charles Borromeo as a temple for the nearby convent of Capuchin Friars. It contains one of the most collections of art in Lecco: nine glass houses containing compositions of polychrome wax that…

Main church in Lecco dedicated to the saint patorn of sailors. Its structure is in Neoclassical style thanks to the architect Giuseppe Bovara who worked on its enlargement and contains 17th century furniture, a baptismal font of 1596, Romanesque parts of the 11th century and a chapel decorated with stories of…

Photo: triangololariano.it

The small chapel is located in the historic center of Veleso, at the intersection of several streets. The façade is decorated with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion.

Photo: By Cruccone

Somasca in the upper part of Vercurago and the starting point for a religious itinerary tracing St. Gerolamo Emiliani’s, who shared his life with the poor and orphans. The path concludes at on a hilltop at the "Castle of…

According to tradition, the church was built in the thirteenth century, at the behest of a crusader returning from the Holy Land. According to another…

The church, that stands near the lake, contains interesting frescoes, and the outside is characterized by an open porch to the lake with a double lancetwindow and a tall stone bell tower. It was the church of the community, which remained independent throughout the Middle Ages.

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built in the Romanesque period, between the 11 and 12th centuries, but underwent many changes and expansions to its current appearance. It was the first parish church of Molina; over the centuries, the population…

Church built between 1910 and 1931 in Palanzo, a small village above Faggeto Lario. The short hike affords great views of the lake from a a nearby park.

Photo: triangololariano.it

The church already existed in the fifteenth century but was rimaneggita between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The Romanesque bell tower displays although its construction is significantly late. During the…

The church of San Rocco was the parish church of Pognana Lario up to 1744,…

Photo: triangololariano.it

Built between 1723 and 1744 and consecrated by Bishop Albrici Pellegrini in 1764. The façade, in the Baroque style, is characterized by four pilasters and from the portal…

Photo: triangololariano.it

This is situated in the locality of Rovasco and is from the 12th-13th centuries. It was renovated several times and was extended in the fourteenth century. It has preserved frescoes of the Blessed Virgin with Baby Jesus and St. Christopher. It is believed that its dedication to San Miro derives from the…

Built in the second half of the sixteenth century, this church was remodeled and expanded in later periods. Distinct for its large columns and the sixteenth round arches on the porch.

St. George, as with other holy warriors (Michael and Martin) was highly revered by the Lombards. The present church was built in the sixteenth century on the site of a former…

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.