The church of Saints Peter and Paul was believed to have been founded in the eleventh century by Bishop Rainald and consecrated in 1095 by Pope Urban II, who was traveling to Clermont-Ferrand to call the first crusade. Over the centuries, the building underwent many transformations, until its complete reconstruction that started in 1632 and not completed until the following century. A testimony of the former structure is preserved in a small room next to the sacristy, which originally was to be a chapel dedicated to St. Rocco. It is a fragment of sixteenth-century fresco depicting the Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints Rocco and Sebastian. This church played a key role in the religious life of the area as demonstrated by the rich decoration of the interior.