Churches near FlyTicino Paragliding Tandem Flights

Photo: FlyTicino Paragliding Tandem Flights

FlyTicino flies 365 days a year (weather permitting). We mostly fly from Monte Generoso, and from 6 other flying locations near Lugano. All of our pilots possess the official Swiss Tandem FSVL license and speak English, German, French and…

The building was first started between 1908 and 1912. Luigi Dell'Orto, mayor of Cernobbio for almost thirty years, wanted this church to solemnize his wedding with Elizabeth Lucca. After the war,…

The church of San Vincenzo in Cernobbio is located in the historic part of the town, in front of Tolomeo Gallio square, a few steps away from the lake. We can date the origin of the church back to 1150, a pastoral visit of Bishop Niguarda that took place in 1593, described the building as small and modest.

Photo: SS.Nazaro and Celso

Located at the cemetery, along the old path leading to Lanzo, it is among the most significant monuments of Valle Intelvi. The church stands on a site in itself archaeologically interesting: during work to reinforce embankments Roman tombs of imperial age were found, while still present, adjacent to the building is a rock-tomb of probable Roman-barbaric origin.

Located in the upper part of town, on the site of an ancient fortification, and is composed of the church, sacristy and entrance tower.

Photo: rete.comuni-italiani.it

Situated in the hamlet of Vignola, along the ancient Via Regina, it preserves its ancient structure in bare stone decorated with small arches. The exterior has remains of Renaissance and late Gothic frescos. The interior is divided into two naves with semi-circular apses. There is a particularly fine 16th…

Located in a beautiful natural setting surrounded by quiet woods and stately lime trees, on a plateau halfway up the mountain Pìnzernone. The shrine is dedicated to a young martyr of the fourth century; who is always…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Originated in the eleventh century as a building with a single nave, then it changed to three in the following centuries. The church has beautiful statues, decorated with low and high stucco relief and valuable fresco paintings from the 17 and 18th centuries by the famous artist family G. Crespi and C. Scotti from…

Urio, the part of the town that lies south of Carate, is characterized by the Romanesque bell tower of the Saints Quirico and Giulitta church that stands close to the lake. Rebuilt in 1865 from an original Romanesque church with…

Photo: Di Geobia

The church was founded in 1300 by two brothers Hermits of St. Augustine from Civilio, a village above Como, on land donated by a family whose members were later…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The church was built in the 11th Century but has been almost comepletely rebuilt in the 17th century. Inside there are  splendid coloured "scagliole". In the Intelvi Valley the Maestri Intelvesi used a special material called "scagliola" or false marble to decorate churches and monuments. Many families or artisan workshops …

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Although early in Christian origin, this church collapsed due to erosion at the end of the 16th century and was completely rebuilt in the Baroque style. Of note, are lavish frescos, sculpture wooden inlaid furniture and a stone font presbytery.

The church of St. Agatha is opposite to the parish of St. Stephen and is oriented to the west. It is a small building with gabled facade, two bays, two niches in the first bay, two chapels rectangular plan in the second and a presbytery with a square plan, which gives access to the sacristy. The main façade is…

Right at the beginning of the town of Castiglione, with the green Intelvi valley as a back ground, stands the oratory of the Madonna del Restello built in the 17th century to thank the Madonna for the end of a plague that had infested the valley.  Inside the precious baroque stuccos of the altar and the…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The Parish Church is of Roman origin with a characteristic bell tower known "Tower Theodolinda" with distinct corner pilasters and arches. It is believed to be built on the ruins of an early medieval castle belonging to Queen Theodolinda, whose jeweled crown appears on the coat of arms. The nave frescoes and…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Located in an isolated spot outside the hamlet of Veglio where originally stood a small medieval church of which only remains the apse (now a side chapel). It is considered one of the most beautiful and intact examples of 11-12th century architecture of the area. The first chapel upon entering was built in the…

On the ancient road that ran through the Val d'Intelvi, between Biazzeno and Dizzasco stands the parish church SS. Pietro and Paolo with its tall bell tower. It stands on a hillock with a wide…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

Built on location of a church dating back to the 16th century, Santi Epimaco e Girdino was completely rebuilt in the second half of the 18th century. The original parish church is located in the lower part of town, near the lake. For this reason, during the twentieth century it was abandoned and the benefit of the…

The Church of Saints Nazario and Celso is just a short walk away from the waters of Lake Como, near the harbor in the old town of Brienno. Some documents attest to the presence of a church since the end of the thirteenth century, the Romanesque…

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

The church of Santa Tecla is near the harbor in a quiet and pleasant; recently restored, in it you can see the remains of frescoes by Bartolomeo De Benzi and Andrea De Passeris. Located on the right bank of Lake Como, Torno preserves the characteristics of a medieval village, with some significant architectonic…

The village contains this interesting church that dates back to the 14th century. It has a fine Romanesque bell tower and a decorated Renaissance portal. An ancient chest behind the altar preserves a precious reliquary, a nail of the Holy Cross.

Parish church of Argegno made with Moltrasio stone in the Neo-romanic Style. A construction in neo-Romanesque style with a gabled facade enhanced by a rose window depicting saints. On the front of the church is a mosaic of the four Evangelists, the patron of Como, Saint Abbundius and Saint Anna, patron saint of Argegno.

Photo: Lombardia Beni Culturali

With origins in the 17th century and remodelled later with an image of the patron saint on the facade by Bernardino Barelli. Noteworthy are the altar sculptures, frescoes, stucco, oil paintings, a Renaissance tabernacle and the wooden reliquary busts of St. Faustina and Liberata. Be sure to see the wonderful…

10

Michelin Star Restaurants




Michelin Star Restaurants

30

Beaches & Lido Clubs




Beaches and Lido Clubs

10

Water Taxis & Boat Tours




Water Taxis & Boat Tours

Loading Page Content

Save and share the places you like with friends and fellow travellers.